Youth Employment Services
Finding a job can be difficult if you are young and have limited work experience. Our staff assist young people with accessing information on jobs, and help by better preparing them for the workplace.Having delivered the former Futures and Job Connect programs for more than 20 years, Algonquin College Community Employment Services has plenty of experience working with young people and helping advocate for them with local employers.
Our Free Services Include:
- Help with your resume and cover letter
- Interview preparation so you are ready
- Helpful workshops covering topics like workplace safety, employer expectations, and
customer service excellence
- Access to both printed and web based resource materials that will help plan your career
- The opportunity to link with mentors and coaches who can give you the scoop on specific
careers and what makes a great employee
- Training support dollars to help pay for essentials like clothing for work, haircuts, or
transportation expenses (Note: Not all participants are eligible for these supports)
ATTENTION LOCAL YOUTH
Ask about our new Hire Me! Reaching Higher! Skills Link program that supports young people who have a high school education or less in their effort to find employment. The program includes four weeks of employment preparation workshops and industry recognized safety training, plus an eight-week work placement.
Program participants are paid to attend both the workshops and thier work placement.
Call 613-735-4308, ext. 7362 for more information.
Watch the TV Cogeco News story concerning a recent funding announcement that has allowed Algonquin College Community Employment Services to continue to deliver its Hire Me! Reaching Higher! Skills Link Youth Employment Program.