The world becomes your classroom
We help you gather the knowledge, experience and connections necessary to land a dream job and launch your career.
Ask our students why they chose Algonquin College and they tell you it’s the hands-on skills and career focus they gain from outstanding faculty combined with realistic lab and classroom environments. By the time our students graduate, they are ready to take on the work world — and are sought out by employers.
Algonquin’s success in numbers*:
- 6,190 students graduated last year
- 97% of graduates would recommend Algonquin to others
- 86% of graduates have jobs within six months of graduation
- 80% of graduates are satisfied with the usefulness of their college education in achieving their goals after graduation
- 91% of employers are happy with the quality of Algonquin College programs
- 78% of Algonquin graduates found the skills they developed during college helpful in getting their job
- 610 students improved their literacy and basic skills last year
- 84% of graduates are satisfied with the college preparation for the type of work they are undertaking
- 640 apprentices were trained in a new trade last year
- 600 job seekers were placed in positions through Job Connect/Employment Services on the Algonquin Pembroke and Perth Campuses last year
*Latest Key Performance Indicators (KPI): http://www.collegesontario.org/outcomes/key-performance-indicators/2011_KPI_English.pdf