The loss of a close family member can be a very difficult and stressful time. The College will provide up to three (3) days of paid leave for full-time employees, in the event of the death of a close family member. The duration of the leave is at the discretion of the College. Up to two (2) additional days may be granted to accommodate extensive travel in the case of a close family member.
A family member, for the purposes of bereavement leave, includes the following:
- Spouse (as per the definition listed in the benefit booklet)
- Parent or step-parent
- Child or step-child
- Brother or brother-in-law
- Sister or sister-in-law
- Father-in-law or mother-in-law
- Son-in-law or daughter-in-law
- Grandparent, grandparent of spouse
How to Apply
Please make your application for bereavement leave in writing to your manager. When submitting your leave report, use code “B” for Bereavement.
Key Forms & Documents
- Vacation/Leave Report– use this form to input your leave for submission