The Student IT Fee
The student IT Fee is a small fee students pay each term to help pay for the computer network, 93 computer labs, basic printing and other computer related services on campus.
The Information Technology Fee (IT Fee) is an agreement between ITS and the Students’ Association. The fee size and services provided are under review.
Each course or program is flagged for whether it requires computers. If your course needs computers, the IT Fee is mandatory. If your course does not, you do not pay the IT Fee but you may still opt-in to have access to the computer serviecs by visiting your registrar office and paying the fee.
To check if you paid the IT Fee, go to the Algonquin College website page for your program, which lists all fees associated with the program including the IT Fee. You can also go to the Registrar’s office webpage. It lists all the current additional fees.
The current IT fee:
Full-time students pay $86.00 per term.
Part-time program students pay $0.50 per course hour to a maximum of $86.00 per term.
Continuing Education students pay a portion of the fee per term when registered in courses requiring IT access.
The IT Fee is paid each sememester.
These fees will increase 2% per year at the start of the Fall semester starting in 2015.
For more information about the IT Fee for online courses, see the Centre for Continuing & Online Learning.
What you get:
- Allows access to the Internet and the College network for academic purposes. Support is provided by ITS Client Care .
- Computers and standard office software available in Access Centres at Woodroffe, Pembroke and Perth campuses on a one PC per 50 students basis. 25% of the PCs will be replaced annually by College standard new PCs.
- Access to your college network, email, and other computer accounts.
- Free printing in the Access Centres and Learning Resource Centers.
- Allows (at a minimum) e-mail (5 Megs), WEB page (5 Megs) and electronic file storage (20 Megs) capability. Access to these accounts is from labs, Access Centres and via off-campus remote access.
- Accounts remain active for use when not enrolled between two semesters, such as the summer, on a co-op work term and for one semester after graduation.
- Access to course specific software in Access Centres.
Note: The Information Technology Fee is pro-rated for Apprenticeship students based on the number of weeks they are in the academic level.
For further information, see the Memorandum of Understanding IT FEES. (Note: current fees not reflected in this MOU. New MOU will be available shortly.)