The Student IT Fee - Students Only
||The IT Fee is the result of negotiations between ITS and the Students Association. How much is paid and what students get for it is regularly reviewed and reassessed.
Note: The IT Fee is currently under review there may be cost and feature changes in the near future.
Each course is flagged for whether it needs computers - most do. If your course is not flagged to have computer use and you do not pay the IT Fee then you may still opt-in by visiting your registrar office and paying an IT Fee to get one.
The current IT fee:
Full-time students pay $62.00 per term. Part-time program registrants pay $0.50 per course hour to a maximum of $62.00 per term. Continuing Education students pay $35.00 per term when registered in courses requiring IT access.
Duration: One Semester
What you get:
NOTE: The Information Technology Fee is prorated for Apprenticeship students based on the number of weeks in the academic level.
What The IT Fee Provides.
For further information, read the IT Fee Memorandum of Understanding
- Allows access to the Internet and the College network. Support is provided by the ITS Help desk and the service will provide less than a 10% blockage rate.
- computers and basic standard office automation software in open Access Centres at Woodroffe, Pembroke and Perth on a one PC per 50 students basis. 25% of the PCs will be replaced by new College standard PCs annually. Access to all accounts and Internet available.
- free printing in the Access Centres and Learning Resource Centers
- a College IT account which will allow (at a minimum) e-mail (5 Megs), WEB page (5 Megs) and electronic file storage (20 Megs) capability. Access to these accounts is from labs, Access Centres, and via dial-in modems.
- account is active for use when not enrolled between two semesters, such as the summer, on a coop work term, and for one semester after graduation.
- a portion of the cost of providing service to the 93 computer labs, network connectivity and wide area data services.
- access to course specific software in Access Centres (estimated start date Fall 00)