Faculty/Staff Library Account
Your Library Account/Card for faculty and staff will permit you to:
- borrow material from the Library.
- access the digital resource collections off campus.
- renew print books and CDs.
- place holds on books and CDs.
- borrow from other libraries.
- You are required to apply for a library account. This can be done in person at your campus library or by filling out Get a Library Account or Report a Problem with your Library Account.
- Your Library card (which is the “AC card”) is not generated automatically and you need to apply for it online or in person at the card office.
- Problems with your Library account/card? Go to Library Account Problems.
- Lost AC card? Go to the Card Services page and follow the instructions.
- For information on Student Library accounts, click here..
- For information on a Library card for Alumni, community members, and Sm@rtlibrary participants, click here.
How to Log In Off Campus to the Digital Resource Collections Using Your Library Account
Your login and PIN for your library account will be in the following format:
- Login – your staff number. Ex: 000012345
- PIN – The last 4 digits of your staff number. Ex: 2345
Are you having problems accessing the resources?
- Did you work for Algonquin previously, even a number of years ago? Your account will need to be reactivated. Please fill out the Library account/card form.
- Are you working with the College in some contractual or part-time capacity? Your account is only active for the time that you are employed by the college. Please provide the Library with proof of employment to have your account access extended.
- Are you searching Library resources from off campus while using the VPN? The VPN conflicts with the library account. Please close the VPN and begin your session in a new browser.