How Can I Place a Hold on an Item?
- A Library account is required to place a hold.
- Locate the item in the Algonquin College catalogue.
- Select title of the item you would like by clicking on it and revealing the "item details" page.
- Select the Place Hold link from the left hand of the screen.
- Enter your User ID (your student number. Ex: 040000000) and PIN (the last 4 digits of your student number).
- Choose the campus location where you wish pick up the item.
- Select Place Hold.
- A message will be displayed confirming that your hold was successful or unsuccessful.
- You cannot place holds on in-library items (reserves or reference) or audio visual (AV) resources. For AV please use the booking form.
Alumni/Community members may request Intercampus Loans at the Circulation/Reference desk or by phone. See Contact Us for our email and telephone numbers.
Holds Can Be Used for the Following Reasons:
- To have an item that is checked out set aside for you when it is returned. (Your hold prevents the item from being renewed so it can be shared fairly).
- Holds will be set aside at the Front Desk for 7 days awaiting pick-up.
- The Holds function can be used to bring an item from one campus of Algonquin College to another (we call this Intercampus Loan). This may take 3 business days.