How Do I Renew/Return Materials?
- Renewals can be used to extend borrowing time. Most items may be renewed twice.
- Material borrowed may be renewed provided:
- Renewal occurs before or on the due date.
- There are no holds on the material.
- You have no overdue material on your account.
- All users can renew materials using their Library card in person at their campus library or by contacting us.
- Faculty/staff and students may also renew items using their Library account online.
How to Renew Online (Faculty/Staff and Students)
Returning users may use the quick link – Renew your Books here.
- Confirm you have a current Algonquin Library Account.
- Access the Algonquin College Catalogue.
- Select My Account.
- You will be offered 3 choices:
- Review my account.
- Renew my items.
- User PIN Change.
- Select #2. Renew my items.
- Enter your user ID and PIN to access your Library account.
- Check the item(s) to be renewed and click "Renew Selected Items".
- If you encounter any problems, please Ask the Library.
- Note: It is the borrower’s responsibility to note the new due date.
Returns can be made:
- during the Library’s business hours to the Front Desk at any campus.
- when the Library is closed by placing the item in the designated "drop box" outside the Library entrance.
If the item is overdue then a fine will accrue. For more information, visit Library Fines or Lost Books.