Your Library Account/Card for Algonquin students will permit you to:
- borrow material from the Library
- access the digital resource collections off campus
- renew print books and cds
- place holds on books and cds
- borrow from other libraries
- Your Library account is automatically generated when you start classes.
- Your Library card (which is the "Student AC card") is not generated automatically. You need to apply for it online or in person at the card office.
- Problems with your Library account/card? Go to the Library Account Problems page.
- Lost AC card? Go to the Card Services page and follow the instructions.
- For information on Faculty/Staff Library accounts, click here.
- For information on a Library card for Alumni, community members, and Sm@rtlibrary participants, click here.
How to Log In Off Campus to the Digital Resource Collections Using Your Library Account
Your login and PIN for your library account will be:
- Login – your student number. Ex: 040000000
- PIN – The last 4 digits of your student number.
Are you having problems accessing the resources?
- Did you attend Algonquin previously (even a number of years ago)? Your account will need to be reactivated. Fill out the "Library account/card" form.
- Are you taking a part-time course that has either not begun or has completed its session? Your account is only active for the time that you are registered in your course.