How do I Deal with Library Fines or Lost Books?
Library fines and lost books fees are assigned to a user’s Library account when an item is not returned by its due date, it is misplaced or lost.
- Fees are accumulated per item for each day overdue. Late items continue to accumulate fines until they are returned.
- The user will be expected to pay a fee for the replacement of the item, as well, as a processing fee so the Library can acquire a replacement.
|Fines||Per Hour||Per Day||Maximum||Notes|
|General Collection Books, Cassettes CDs||–||$0.30||$20.00|| |
All fines accumulate per item.
|Reserve Items (3 hour)||$1.00||$30.00|
|Reserve Items (3 day)||$3.00||$30.00|
|Lost Items||Replacement fees will vary depending on the value of the material(s) plus $10.00 processing fee|
Fines and lost fees payment methods
- Cash, in person at the Library.
- Credit or debit. These methods may not be available at all three campuses. Please contact your campus library before coming in to pay.
- Cheque sent by mail or in person. Cheques should be made out to the “Algonquin College Library”.
Note: The Library does generate overdue notices that are sent via email with a final notice arriving by mail. Non-receipt of such notices does not absolve Library users of the responsibility to return Library materials by their due date. Please ensure that the Library has your correct mailing and e-mail address.