What I Can Borrow
Items that you can borrow from the Library (physical and digital):
You can find and borrow print books by searching:
You can find DVDs by searching:
- Library catalogue
- Use the Advanced Search and limit your search to "DVDS, VIDEOS, FILMS".
- Click on the title of your choice. Physical DVDs will be identified in the record with the material code DVD.
- One Search
- Limit search results to "Catalogue only".
- Set the Source Type to VIDEO at the results page.
- Physical DVD items will be identified in the record with "Retrieve Catalogue Item"
You can find ebooks by searching:
Laptops and other digital devices may be borrowed for on campus use (current day only) depending on availability. Please contact your campus library.
Note: This service is only available to students. The items may not be pre-booked.
Online Journals, Magazines & Newspapers
You can access a variety of digital resource collections 24/7 by searching:
- One Search – search across almost all library digital and print resources in one search. (It also includes a search limited to most electronic article content as well).
- A-Z Electronic Journal Locator – search by title to determine if the library holds a certain periodical title in print or digital format. You can then choose the source for the desired ejournal to access the volume you require.
You can access the online videos by searching:
- Library catalogue – use the Advanced Search and limit your search to DVDs, VIDEOS, FILMS (not all video content is searchable here).
- One Search – limit Source Type to VIDEO at the results page (not all video content is searchable here).
- Videos and Tutorials – to search within digital resource collections.
Print Journals, Magazines & Newspapers
You can find out which library holds specific print periodicals by searching:
- Library catalogue – choose the Advanced Search and select Periodical as a format.
- A-Z Electronic Journal Locator search by title. If the print periodical is held by the library, the campus location will be indicated.
Note: Perth and Pembroke permit borrowing for a 7 day period. Woodroffe permits in-library use only.
The reserve collection is made up of items that faculty have put aside for student consultation at the Library’s Main desk.
You can find Reserve material by searching:
- Library catalogue – choose the Reserve Desk option on the top bar. Reserves may be searched by INSTRUCTOR, COURSE NUMBER OR COURSE NAME.
Note: Reserve materials are in high demand. Most are checked out for short periods only, and are largely restricted to in-library use. Perth and Pembroke campuses may permit these items to be taken out of the library upon request.