Looking for a Book or Ebook
You can look for books and ebooks in the Library Catalogue or you can look for books in at other libraries.
How to find an item in our collection using the Library Catalogue.
- Click here to go to the Library Catalogue, you may also click on the Library Catalogue link in right side bar.
- Enter the title, author, subject or keyword in the search bar and choose the type of search using the drop box.
- You may limit your query by campus.
- You can limit your search to electronic books by checking the Search only Electronic Books box.
- You can limit your results by language, year and format (film and videos) by selecting Advanced Search.
- For ways to improve your search click here.
- Click Search.
- Click on the title to open the complete record.
Note: If the title is listed as “unavailable” the due date will be shown, you may place a hold on the item. You will be contacted when the item becomes available.
- The record will tell you the following:
- The library location: the campus library that has your item.
- The call number or shelf location.
- The type of material.
- The location (standard shelf location or in library use such as reserves or reference). It will also note if the item is in a special area of the library (easy readers or oversized). Items on reserve or in reference at other campuses cannot be Intercampus loaned.
- Whether or not the item is available. The item may be borrowed if it does not have a due date showing under Location.
For more information on how to find an item on the shelf using the call number please see Finding a Book on the Shelf.
For a more specific search, try combining your search terms with one of the following operators.
Combines terms, reducing the number of results.
|Dogs AND cats|
Combines terms, expanding the number of results.
|Dogs OR cats|
Reduces the number of results. Effective in managing homonyms.
|Shepherd NOT Dogs|
|“ ”|| |
Searches a Phrase exactly how it is entered.
|“World War Two”|
|( )|| |
Term combinations within parenthesis are executed first. Useful for managing synonyms.
(Felines or Cats) And Dogs.
Search for the terms Within a defined number of words in the same order.
|Cat W3 Meow|
Search for terms Near each other in any order.
|Dog N2 Bark|
Searches for single or multiple characters at the END of the search term.
Near$ will search Nearly, Nearing, Neared, Nearby etc.
|?||Replaces a single character.|| |
Wom?n will search for Woman and Women.