The Ombudsman promotes a proactive perspective for managing and resolving conflicts and/or concerns that may occur. This orientation requires education, early intervention, dialogue and other conflict management skills. To this end, the Ombudsman offers presentation and educational workshops to members of the Algonquin College community on issues and topics related to conflict resolution and management. These presentations and workshops can be tailored to individual needs and circumstances. You can request for the Ombudsman to present in your class, at a department or council meeting, during a student organization/group meeting, or at your professional development session.
Some of the presentations or workshops the Ombudsman can make include:
• What you need to know about the Office of the Ombudsman (15 – 20 minutes)
• Listening skills (20 – 30 minutes)
• Crucial conversations (30 – 45 minutes)
• Identifying and resolving conflicts effectively (30 – 45 minutes)
• Understanding Restorative Justice principles & practices (45 – 60 minutes)
• Using Restorative Justice Practices to resolve conflicts (90 – 120 minutes)
• Other Presentation/Workshops – Depending on your needs and circumstances
To schedule an appointment for a presentation or workshop, complete the Presentation Request Form and send it by email to email@example.com or fax it to (613) 727-7708. You can also drop it off at the Student Commons Building – E112 (Ottawa Campus). Please allow 24 to 48 hours processing time for a response. Early requests are encouraged.