Renaissance Square is an exciting project for all of Renfrew County. The vision to build a new campus to serve the Ottawa Valley aligns with several priorities of the Ontario government.
- Increasing accessibility to post-secondary education and apprenticeship programs
- Encouraging more "first generation" learners to attend college (first generation learners are those who are the first person in their immediate family to study at a post-secondary level)
- Revitalizing historic downtowns
- Building schools that support the government’s energy reduction priorities
- Assisting rural communities with economic development
Algonquin College in the Ottawa Valley is a key driver of Renfrew County's economy. In June 2006, the campus released an economic impact study that described Algonquin College in the Ottawa Valley as "an engine of economic growth" for Renfrew County. The study was completed by C.C. Benefits, an American firm which has completed similar research for more than 500 post-secondary institutes in North America. C.C. Benefits concluded the campus generates $154 million dollar in economic activity annually through its operations, past graduates and current students.
Algonquin College in the Ottawa Valley is extending an invitation to all Renfrew County residents to support our vision for a new campus that serves the region. You are welcome to participate in our on-line petition and share your comments on how a new campus would benefit all residents of Renfrew County.
Click here for the On-line Petition and show your support for a new
Algonquin College in the Ottawa Valley campus.