Scholarships & Awards
Scholarships, prizes and awards are given in recognition of academic excellence, and can include money, plaques, books, medals, etc, or any combination thereof. They are given in recognition of achievement at a variety of levels (program, department, school), for various areas (subject, program, activity, student government, etc.) and often reflect the interest and commitment of donors from the community.
Students can nominate themselves for the following awards by completing an application:
- The Robert C. Gillett Leadership Award
- President Rosser Prize
- Steve Stafford Memorial Continuing Education Award
- International House Prize
Browse our available awards/scholarships:
By area of study (schools):
- Algonquin Centre for Construction Excellence/School of Advanced Technology
- Algonquin College Heritage Institute – Perth Campus
- Algonquin College in the Ottawa Valley – Pembroke Campus
- Career and Academic Access Centre
- Centre for Continuing and Online Learning
- General Arts and Science
- Language Institute and Part-time Studies
- Police and Public Safety Institute
- School of Business
- School of Health and Community Studies
- School of Hospitality and Tourism
- School of Media and Design
Awards are presented at Award Ceremonies at Convocation each Spring. Award winners are selected within Departments and Schools. Information is available from your Program Coordinator, Chair or School Dean.
Greater Ottawa Chamber of Commerce (GOCC)
The GOCC Scholarship will be given to a high school student pursuing a post-secondary education in one of the following business disciplines/programs:
- Business Administration
- Marketing and Sales
The application and guidelines may be downloaded at: www.greaterottawachamber.com
Bursaries, Scholarships and Award Programs Administered by External Organizations
Algonquin College receives support from numerous external organizations that manage their own bursary, scholarship and award programs. Students would research their prospective external organizations and see if they meet the organizations criteria and deadlines.
It is the responsibility of the students to apply on their own to these organizations. Below is a list of websites that students may wish to search for various external funding opportunities:
- Aeroplan® Miles. Algonquin College students can now fund their school fees by converting Aeroplan® Miles through HigherEdPoints.com, 35,000 Aeroplan® Miles can be converted into $250 worth of credits at Algonquin College. Students can also convert the Aeroplan® Miles of family members and friends to help pay for school. For more information, please visit: http://www.higheredpoints.com/
- AgoraPulse Social Media Management Scholarship
- The Bike Challenge Scholarship Program
- Bill 7Award LGBTQ Scholarship
- Building Brighter Futures: Bursaries, Scholarships, and Awards
- Canada-China Scholars’ Exchange Program
- A number of short-term, non-degree-seeking awards are offered to Canadian academics, students and professionals who wish to study and/or do research at participating Chinese institutions.
- The Cogniview Scholarship
- EDC International Business Scholarships
- Emily Woodward Scholarship
- Fitness Apie Scholarship
- Fittous Scholarship
- Flight Network Scholarship
- The Gaulin Foundation
- Gil Purcell Memorial Journalism Scholarship for Aboriginal Canadian
- Grey Smoke Media Scholarship
- The Hans Klinkenberg Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship
- Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship (Special Program)
- Indonesian (Darmasiswa 2016-2017)
- International Business Scholarships
- Journalists for Human Rights: Emerging Indigenous Reporters Scholarship Fund in Canada
- Jim Wilde Library Education Award
- Liberation Scholarship Program
- The Liberation Scholarship Program offers 70 credit mobility scholarships to highly motivated students from Canada who would like to study in the Netherlands for three to twelve months.
- Lyle Makosky Values and Ethics in Sport Fund
- MLD Annual Scholarship
- My Explore
- Parking Boxx Scholarship
- PEO Sisterhood
- Scholarship Essay Contest
- The Phyllis Craig Scholarship
- Toptal Scholarships For Female Developers
- Vol & Tier Excellence in Entrepreneurship Scholarship
- Out On Bay Street 2016 Student Leadership Scholarships
- OPSEU Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology (CAAT) Support Staff workers are pleased to announce the “OPSEU CAAT Support Staff Scholarship.” This is an annual scholarship given to a full-time student in one of the 24 Colleges of Applied Arts & Technology.
- Silver Cross Scholarship Program 2016
- Scholarships Canada matches students with scholarships available across Canada based on their profile.
- Yconic matches students with scholarships available across Canada based on their profile.
- Disability Awards is a portal to awards and scholarships for students with disabilities studying at Canada’s colleges and universities.