Welcome to the City of Pembroke, the heart of the Ottawa Valley. This webpage will assist you in finding suitable housing while you are studying at the Pembroke Campus of Algonquin College in the Ottawa Valley.
Our new Waterfront Campus in downtown Pembroke opened in the fall of 2012 and has proven to be an exceptional learning environment for students. The campus is located along the shores of the Ottawa River, but near a built up commercial and residential area, creating opportunities for students to find housing within walking distance of the campus
Community Housing Opportunities
Before the privately-run student residence opened last year, our out-of-town students have always found accommodations within the community. There are many apartments and houses for rent, as well as rooms in private homes.
If you are a new tenant, it is important that you are aware of your rights. Take a look at this Information for New Tenants brochure >>
Landlords: See the bottom of the page for how to list your accommodation.
Explore the links below to find information on all housing opportunities, including contact telephone numbers and a brief description of what each rental unit entails. The student and landlord are responsible for making all rental/boarding arrangements.
Private Student Residences
Privately-owned and operated student residences are available within the community. We stress that Algonquin College is not affiliated with these private enterprises, but has provided links to websites as a service for students looking for accommodations.
- 320 Lake Residence – private student residence not affiliated with Algonquin College.
- NOTE: Brand new purpose-built 16 Suite Student Complex taking applications now for Fall Semester 2017. Contact 320 LAKE Management directly for questions, a full information package, and an application form.
- AMNA Student Living – private student residence not affiliated with Algonquin College.
- NOTE: Limited rooms may be available for fall 2017. Contact AMNA directly for questions, to complete an application form, or arrange a personal tour of the facility.
- Algonquin House -private student residence not affiliated with Algonquin College.
- NOTE: Limited rooms may be available for fall 2017. Contact Algonquin House for information about rooms being made available.
Please note: Algonquin College provides this information as a service to its students but takes no responsibility for the student or landlord’s decision to enter into a rental/boarding arrangement. The College does not pre-screen the landlords’ nor students’ suitability as a landlord/tenant.
Pembroke is a historic city and a picturesque community of about 15,000 people. Grocery stores, laundry facilities, eateries, and everything else you need to make your stay in Pembroke comfortable, are available near the campus.
Good luck and thank you for choosing to study with us in Pembroke.
Note: The housing list is updated frequently during the spring and summer months.