Welcome to Perth CampusAt the Connected College, the world is your classroom. At the Perth Campus: ‘We Build Futures’. Wednesday evenings are Discovery Evenings this summer at the Perth Campus. Every Wednesday until August 26, the campus will be open from 4 p.m.-8 p.m. so that you can experience our campus. Applications are still being accepted for the Fall Term; drop by to explore your study options and start something great!
News & Events – Up and Coming
- 2015 Housing List is out! – Updated August 31, 2015!
- Welcome to the Perth Campus: The first day of classes is right around the corner! To get the new academic year off to a good start, we’ve planned orientation activities to help our students complete all of their administrative tasks and become familiar with the campus before the first day of class. Event details and schedules can be found on our orientation website.
- Second Annual Algonquin College, Perth Campus Golf Tournament! It’s time to shine up those clubs and practice your swing. Our Police Foundations students are organizing the second annual Algonquin College, Perth Campus Golf Tournament at 11 a.m. on Saturday, October 3, 2015. Registration is $60 for students and $65 for the general public. Proceeds will go towards student bursaries at Algonquin College. Click here for all the details, including how to register.
- August 22, 2015: Our faculty and students joined Lake 88’s “All About the House” to discuss Masonry. Click here to list to Part 1 of the interview and click here to listen to Part 2.
- August 7, 2015: Darrin MacDonald, Masonry-Heritage and Traditional program coordinator, and Masonry student Michael Sobel were interviewed on CBC Radio’s “All in a Day” program about their incredible work-experience trip to Prince of Wales Fort National Historic Site in Churchill, Manitoba. Six students, accompanied by MacDonald, spent two weeks repointing and stabilizing the Cape Merry battery, overlooking the Prince of Wales Fort. Listen to their story here.
- July 23, 2015: Six of our Masonry students (joined by their program coordinator, Darrin MacDonald), have stepped into history at Prince of Wales Fort National Historic Site in Churchill, Manitoba. For the next couple of weeks, they’ll work alongside Parks Canada masons to restore and preserve this heritage landmark. They’re sharing their experience with us through words and photos. Here, the students reflect on their first three days on site, enjoying a one-of-a-kind experience in an unforgettable location. Click for pictures.
- June 25, 2015: Mental health initiatives in Lanark County, ON, received a boost when Office Administration—Executive students presented a cheque for more than $1,700 to Lanark County Mental Health. Read the full story here.
- June 11, 2015: The Perth Campus is in IDEA magazine! The Office Administration—Executive students promote mental health awareness, the Heritage Carpentry and Joinery program builds a partnership with the National Capital Commission and Advanced Housing students construct green housing for the future. Pick up an issue of IDEA magazine or visit them online for these and other exciting Algonquin College stories. Link to story printed in the magazine.
- June 4, 2015: Take a look at the amazing work our Masonry students are doing on a dry stone wall during the spring semester in Perth. Article by: Karen Turner, Ottawa Citizen
- June 4, 2015: The Ontario Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics Visits the Perth Campus! Students, staff and faculty were there to greet the runners, which included local Ontario Provincial Police officers and Special Olympians, as they carried the Flame of Hope through Perth.
- Welcome to Perth: from the Mayor of Perth, John Fenik.