Action Sports Park Development: Build the action sports culture!

Snowboarding, BMX, skateboarding and mountain biking have defined action sports and youth culture. This program develops technical construction skills related to where these sports happen: ski area terrain parks, public or private skateparks, dirt jumps and mountain bike trails. This program also develops leadership, facilities risk management, event and competition planning and action sports marketing abilities.

This is the only program of its kind in Canada! 40% of this program is delivered out-of-doors and/or off campus at industry partner facilities, with the remaining 60% representing more traditional in-class learning. 

Graduates of this highly specialized training will find opportunities taking care of municipal skateparks, ski resort terrain parks, working on trails, competition set up or in event management. Students will gain direct experience building features for and working with fully functioning action sports facilities.