Helping You Succeed
When you apply to a full-time program or want to register in certain continuing education courses at Algonquin College, you may be asked to take an admission-eligibility assessment. These assessments let you demonstrate your readiness and ability to succeed in the program you’ve chosen and make sure you’ve selected the right starting point at Algonquin.
For all Algonquin College Programs & Assessments, we advise that you “Apply Early, Test Early”
Accommodations for a Disability / IEP
- If you are a student with a disability, or are/were on an Individual Education Plan (IEP) at a learning institution, you may be eligible to write your assessment with accommodations/special provisions. If this is the case, please contact Centre for Students with Disabilities (CSD) Test Room (E304e) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613 727-4723 ext. 6092 for assistance and information.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to self-identify this need for assessment accommodations BEFORE the assessment occurs. Applicants who fail to self-identify this need and write without accommodations will not be permitted to re-write their assessment (i.e., normal waiting periods/restrictions will apply for the re-write, which differ between assessments).
- Documentation will be required if you are permitted accommodations, so you are urged to contact CSD Test Room to initiate the process as early as possible.
- Assessments written in the CSD Testing Room (E304e) can ONLY be paid by credit card through an online link sent to your email address, and MUST be paid at least 2 days before your assessment is scheduled to commence.
For students who require extra time for testing and or a quiet room, please note the following:
- the ELSA, CPA, BMSA, IMSA, AMSA, do not have a time restriction
- a computer is provided for each student in the Test Centre Room (C224)
- testing is conducted in a small, quiet, and controlled room with no disruptions, which seats a maximum of 29 students.
- testing sessions are conducted in 3-hr blocks
- if you do not complete your assessment within the allotted 3 hours, you can return to finish at a later time/date (i.e., for no additional charge)
> Such testing will be conducted in the Test Centre, located in C224.
> Book the test session through your ACSIS account by following the instructions in ‘Booking Your Assessment’ in the top-right corner
Contact the Centre for Students with Disabilities (CSD) to complete an accommodation request if :
- you have a disability which requires accommodations other than extra time and a quiet environment
- you are writing a CJAA, MPAA, or ELAAP which requires extended time
When to Complete an Assessment
Before booking an appointment to complete an assessment for admission to an Algonquin College program, you must have:
- applied to an Algonquin College program through ontariocolleges.ca
- been notified by the Registrar’s Office that you must complete an assessment. If you are unsure of which assessment to complete, contact the Registrar’s Office.
It is advisable to complete your required assessment(s) as soon as possible and at least 5 weeks before your program commences. If you are unsuccessful, you are permitted one re-write per application period, but there is 30-day waiting period between re-writes. You want to ensure that if a re-write is required, it is done before the startup of your program.
What it Costs
The standard admissions assessment fee is $50 (subject to change). For assessments administered in the Test Centre (C224), you can pay by cash, debit card, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express at the Test Centre (C224). Personal cheques are not accepted.
IMPORTANT: CSD Assessments in E304e and remote (i.e., out-of-town assessments) assessments can ONLY be paid by credit card. You need to be aware that there are NO REFUNDS for remote and CSD requests/assessments.
Please note: If you complete your assessment at a location outside of Algonquin College, you may be charged additional fees by the testing institution and the candidate is responsible for these costs.
FEES: Select Test Centre assessments fees are as follows:
- External (i.e., non-Algonquin ) exams:
- $60.00 (for 3-hrs or less – Private institutions; MTCU; outside Ontario Institutions; Athabasca U. – subject to change)
- $50.00 (for 3-hrs or less – Ontario post-secondary Institutions – subject to change)
- OntarioLearn Exams (i.e., non-Algonquin OL) :
- $50.00 (subject to change)
- All Full Time Admissions Assessments (FTAA) and Part Time Admissions Assessments (PTAA):
- $50.00 (for 3-hrs or less; excluding CPA, Academic Upgrading – subject to change)
Booking Your Assessment
You are strongly advised to complete your assessment at one of the Algonquin College Test Centres at the Ottawa, Pembroke, or Perth campuses. Use your
Algonquin College student information system (ACSIS) account to book an appointment to complete your assessment.
It is your responsibility as an applicant to select the correct date, time and assessment within the guidelines of the Test Centre, and to also meet any deadlines.
Applicants outside the National Capital Region (Out of Town / Remote Assessments)
If you live farther than 100 km from the Algonquin College campuses in Ottawa, Pembroke, or Perth, you may request to complete your assessment at a college or university testing centre in your local community. You can view a listing of colleges and universities within Ontario here. Please note that some colleges and universities in Ontario do not offer testing services, so you will need to call the college or university in your local community to determine if testing services are available. We promote writing admissions assessments only in post-secondary or approved private learning institutions – NOT high schools, businesses, or public offices.
Where to find us
The Test Centre is located in Building C, C224 at the Woodroffe Campus (1385 Woodroffe Avenue). Click here to view a map of the Woodroffe Avenue Campus.