Housing & Dining
The best of on-campus living
The access-controlled residence on the Woodroffe (Ottawa) Campus houses 1,050 students in 525 two-bedroom suites. Residents are required to complete a personality profile which helps to match them with roommates with similar interests, character traits, and sleeping habits.
Residence fees include:
- telephone service
- Internet access
- Access to common lounges, games rooms, and laundry facilities
Applications for residence are available in January of each year. A $500 security deposit is required upon application. If you withdraw your application after the cut-off date, you risk forfeiting your deposit.
Tips for living off campus
If you’d prefer to live off campus, the College has a directory listing of apartments and shared accommodations available for rent in Ottawa.
Here are some important things to consider if you’re planning to live off campus:
- Start your housing search by late spring/early summer
- If you are relocating to Ottawa, Perth or Pembroke, we recommend making arrangements to spend a few days in your chosen location while looking for accommodations.
- Try to find housing near your chosen campus. For the Woodroffe Campus, look in the West end of Ottawa, closer to the College or along the main transit bus route #95.
- If you find a place where you need to take the bus, be sure to check out the bus route and how frequently it runs
- Find out if the dwelling is close to amenities
- Be careful of rental scams and deals that are too good to be true
Dining on the Woodroffe Campus
Food Services is proud to offer student meal plans and seven on-campus dining options at the Woodroffe Campus. Each dining facility has its own unique atmosphere and signature menu items. The “a la carte” system means every food item is individually priced so you can eat as little or as much as you want!
Food is available on the Woodroofe Campus seven days a week. The 35th Street Market Café offers groceries, snacks and grab-to-go meals, and is open later.
On-campus eateries include:
- Marketplace Food Court (Building D)
- 35th Street Market Café (Residence)
- Bits N’ Bytes (Building T)
- Tim Hortons (Building A)
- The Portable Feast (Building B)
- Booster Juice (Student Commons)
- The Fix Eatery (CA Building/ACCE)
- The Observatory (Building A – operated by the Students’ Association)
- Starbucks (Student Commons – operated by the Students’ Association)