Applied Research @ Pembroke Campus
Algonquin College’s Waterfront Campus in Pembroke is a sister office of our main Office of Applied Research at the Woodroffe Campus. At the Pembroke Campus, Applied Research is about creating partnerships through projects with local community enterprises, industry, and/or organizations to foster innovation in Renfrew County and provide support on multiple grounds: health, environment, and economy.
What’s in it for the students?
Tons! Projects tend to be unique one-of-a-kind opportunities for students. Our students:
- Work on real community-based projects
- Acquire hands-on applied education and training by working with external partners
- Hone research and critical thinking skills by learning how to research, analyse, and problem solve in real-time
- Become more competitive on the job market (great resume enhancer!)
- Develop more confidence and a sense of empowerment from the experience
Julie Sylvestre is the Applied Research Project
Coordinator at the Pembroke Campus of Algonquin College. On any given day, she could be writing reports, applying for grants, gathering data, collecting water samples, or helping students with numerous Applied Research Projects.
Have an Idea?
We are always interested in developing new research projects that provide solutions to challenges within industry or community. If you have an idea or proposal that you believe can add value to the student as well as to the relationship between industry and Algonquin College, please contact Julie Sylvestre, Applied Research Coordinator.
Or, fill out a project application form >>
Look at the Applied Research drop down menu at the top of this page for current and past projects and more.
Julie Sylvestre, Applied Research Coordinator
Office of Applied Research and Innovation
613-735-4700, Ext. 2666